NewYorkJets.dk proudly presents: Adam Greenbaum of HolyJoeNamath.com

Postet af Bundgaard - 20 juli 2009 18:36
We continue to bring in guests to help us answer some of the many questions surrounding the 2009 Jets.

Todays guest is none other than Adam Greenbaum from HolyJoeNamath.com - a Jets blog that was launched back in March and is updated with news and opinions several times a day. So if you haven't checked out Adam and his gangs work I highly recommend you to do so!... You can also find HolyJoeNamath on Twitter.


Danny Woodhead got some playing time when TJ and LW stayed away from the mini camp and part of the OTAs. Do you think he'll make the final roster?

I may have said he would have before the draft, but after the Jets traded three picks to move up and grab Shonn Greene it may be tough for him to catch on. The Jets will keep between 3 and four running backs on the roster with Tony Richardson being one of them. You have to assume that Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and Shonn Greene will be the other RBs. I always root for guys like Danny Woodhead, but we cannot use a roster spot on a guy just because he is an "Underdog".


The Jets have some problems finding a TE who can block. Why did they let Chris Baker go and was it a mistake in your opinion?

Chris Baker was who he was. He was a good blocker, but not an all time great blocker. With his issues with the front office and his above average but regular pay it was a coin flip whether he stayed or go. Hind sight it always 20/20. At this point, it would be nice to have him, but who knows what we do not see. It was clear that Baker was looking for a lot more money than the Jets wanted to give, in the end, they let him walk.


We all know that Vernon Gholston is a physical freak, but he has struggled to learn the OLB position. Do you think he'll blossom under Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine?

This is a tough one, when I see pictures of Vernon Gholston, I cannot imagine what trying to block him or take a hit from his would be like. Unfortunately, it's tough to coach passion. I have brought it up numerous time, but in the game against the Denver Broncos last year, Gholston got free and chased Cutler backwards 10-15 yards, Cutler stopped to throw and should have taken a hit that would have most likely knocked him out of the game. Instead, Gholston seemed to slow down and put his hands up allowing Cutler to complete a ridiculous 30 yard pass. Any player in this league would have enjoyed a shot like that, yet Gholston seemed disinterested. The reports on him during this offseason have been up and down, with more negative reports. I'll give him this year before I wonder why we drafted him.


Is there any Jets player(s) (besides he obvious one - Dustin Keller) that you think will step up and surprise a lot of people this year?

I have a few players I'm looking forward to seeing this year. First of which is Chansi Stuckey. Not a lot of Jets fans knew much about him after being drafted in the 7th round, but he made a ton of huge plays at Clemson and plays a lot like Santana Moss. At the end of last season he really came on as a receiving threat for this team, with a chance to start or play the slot he can flourish. I also have high hopes for Mark Sanchez. He was drafted fifth overall, he played like a superstar at USC and with this defense and running game, he can step up into a solid NFL starter. He seems to get a lot of negative press but I can see him energizing this team and surprising a lot of players. There's a reason half the league was interested in drafting him.


Finally I have to ask you who you think will be the opening day starter at QB?

I have caught a ton of flack on my site for openly rooting for Mark Sanchez to start day one. My rational is simple, he traded three players, two of which were starters, and our 1st and 2nd round pick to move up and get him. He was also given $30 million in guaranteed money, which is more than 90% of the league's starting quarterbacks. I've seen Kellen Clemens play live a few times and have not missed a Jets game in 10 years, I don't see "it" with him. I completely back Mark Sanchez.

A big thank you to everyone at newyorkjets.dk for the interview. We at HolyJoeNamath.com are big supporters of the site.



A big thank you to Adam as well! We really hope that we can hook up and do something similar (or quite different?) in the future. It's always nice to interact with other Jets fans and that's what Newyorkjets.dk is all about.

If you have any questions for Adam then feel free to fire away in the comments.

Etiketter: ,

Flere nyheder og artikler

  • At 21. jul. 2009, 13.21.00, Blogger Bundgaard said…

    Hi Adam!

    I fully respect you for wanting to see Sanchez as the opening day starter and I'm not saying that I disagree with you. However I do have some concerns/doubts. Sanchez only started 16 games in college and I'm not sure whether he is ready to start right away. I basically worry about him facing those tough opponents we start out with and fear what it will do to his confidence if he struggles in those games. On the other hand I'm not that confident that Clemens will be able to do a whole lot better. Sanchez seems mature enough and the only thing he really lacks is experience so maybe being thrown to the wolves right away is best for his development.

    As you can see I'm all over the place when it comes to whether to start Sanchez or not... Thoughts?

     
  • At 21. jul. 2009, 17.33.00, Blogger Rasmus Hansen said…

    Hi Adam,

    I agree with you on most of your opinions, but I have one additional question (well actually two) I would like to ask you. I do think, though, that cutting guys like Baker and Coles have the advantadge that it will be easier for Sanchez to take control of the locker room.

    How do you assess the strength of our o- and d-line and how do you assess the depth?

    Thanks, Rasmus

     

Velkommen til NewYorkJets.dk

NewYorkJets.dk er dit danske stoppested for nyheder om - og kommentarer til alt hvad der berører New York Jets. (mere)

Bloggen har eksisteret siden sommeren 2005 og er tænkt som et samlingspunkt for de danske Jetsfans, så giv endelig din mening til kende i kommentarfeltet til de enkelte poster!

Skulle du have mod på selv at poste nyheder og meninger her på bloggen, så er nye bloggere altid velkomne.

Har du kommentarer, spørgsmål eller gode ideer, så send en mail.

Du kan også finde NewYorkJets.dk på Facebook og på Twitter.

Abonner på NewYorkJets.dk

Nuværende skribenter på NewYorkJets.dk:

  • Mark Bundgaard Hansen
  • Rasmus Hansen
  • Mathias Oehlenschlæger
  • Jets-katten

Notice: We are in no way affiliated with New York Jets or the National Football league. This is an unofficial fan page

Nyhedsbrev

Indtast din email nedenfor og modtag et nyhedsbrev når der er nyt på siden. Vi sender max en mail om dagen og du kan altid framelde dig igen.

Tilmeld

Afstemning

Seneste kommentarer

    NewYorkJets.dk chat

    Social Media

    Støt os ved at "synes godt om" os på Facebook og modtag masser af opdatering om Jets.

    Vis din support for Gang Green ved at tilføje et NewYorkJets.dk badge til dit Facebook profil-billede.

    Følg os på Twitter

    NewYorkJets.dk podcasts

    Vi laver med jævne mellemrum Jets-relaterede podcasts omkring holdet, kampene og spillerne. Her er en liste over tidligere podcasts:

      NewYorkJets.dk arkiv

      Her kan du finde alle vores tidligere artikler. Genoplev sejrene og grin af os når vores spådomme blev gjort til skamme.

      J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
      ...now let's go eat a goddamn snack!