NewYorkJets.dk proudly presents: Rob Nacarano

Postet af Bundgaard - 30 juni 2009 23:49


I'll write this post in english so Rob (and his friends) has a chance to read along. So who is Rob Nacarano?... A couple of days ago I didn't know either!

As most of you know NewYorkJets.dk has a twitter page (the rest of you know it now, so go and sign up now!). Every time we get a new follower I go and see who it is... mostly out of curiosity but also because there is a lot of spam on twitter from all sorts of companies, religious movements and what have you! So of course I went to Robs twitter page to see who he was and it turns out that he runs the South Florida Jets Fan Club - Now thats interesting!

So I thought to myself: Why not try to get Rob on NewYorkJets.dk to tell us about the South Florida Jets Fan Club?

...And Rob was kind enough respond so I'll stop my rambling here and lets jump right to it:

What is South Florida Jets Fan Club?

Hello Jets Fans From Denmark

The South Florida Jets Fan Club started in 2003 and consists of 425 +, passionate and loyal Jets Fans that meet (in Davie, Florida) each week for Jets regular season games/playoffs games. The first two years, we were at five different locations and finally settled in on a GREAT place, and it's where we meet now. Sometimes it's just hard to find a spot conducive for the Club & its members. For the most part, the members are from the New York area that now lives in different parts of the South Florida area.


What do you do on gameday?

Game day is a blast because we normally get 100 + fans of all ages attending and sometimes, more than that. It all depends on who the Jets are playing & the significance of the game! There were a couple of times where we had 200 fans!

The bar is decked out in full Jets paraphernalia and I usually get there 3 hours prior to the game to do that.

For a few games there are giveaways but each Sunday we have raffle drawings for some great Jets prizes. Proceeds from that go to the Fan Club. During the beginning of the season, I'll do free raffle' along with the regular raffle's.

We also do a football pool where the member can win $50 a quarter. Sometimes I increase the stakes on this, where the extra cash is donated to certain organizations. (I.e. Marty Lyons Jerricho & Cotchery Foundation's) ´

Each time the Jets score a touchdown, sirens go off and everyone stands to do the infamous J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets Jets chant and sometimes we can get pretty loud, that people peek through the windows, to find out what is going on.

All-in-all, it's a fun day and my motto is: Don't let the game interfere with the fun that you can have with your fellow Jets fans.


Besides the things you do on game day does SFJFC have any traditions/reaccuring events/rituals ect?

Each year, we have a Draft Day Party, a Rally Night which is usually before the season begins, so that we can get everyone motivated and pumped for the new season to begin.

We attend a Dolphins game, as a group, each year, since their Stadium is close to where the Club meets. For the last few years, a game at the Meadowlands too.

There are some years where I have an off-season get-together, at a Public Park and that's usually fun. Gives people a chance to catch up with one another. It does hinder on the fund situation of the Club.

I do know that some of the members are superstitious because they're always looking for the same seat that they sat in the prior week, which they thought gave the Jets some luck to WIN the game.


What is it like to be an out of town Jets fan?

It's actually fun and quite unique to be an out-of-town fan, especially a Jets fan! While donning my Jets gear, I'll always get a snide remark from a Dolphins fan or a somewhat dirty look and I just laugh. Sometimes, I'll banter with them, depending on my mood, just for fun.

The Dolphins are our biggest rivalry here, since they're a Florida team and as a matter of fact, the place where the Club meets, is just a mile South of where the Dolphins practice facility is located. Funny stuff!


When I first contacted you you mentioned that you're going to Cortland. Is visiting Jets camp something you do every year and are you going with SFJFC or is just you?

For the last couple of years, I've been attending Jets training camp at Hofstra and l enjoy the time so much while I'm there because I get so much accomplished for the Club and its Web Site. Pictures, autographed stuff for raffle prizes and meet some other contacts who are related to the New York Jets. I always love to meet other Jets fans from NY and tell them about the Fan Club. I normally go on my own but this year, a friend of mine will be also going. Maybe, one year, I'll make it a group trip!

Finally a football question: What are your expectations for the Jets this season?

The Jets certainly built their team around the two young QB's during the offseason, especially in the defensive area. I think they'll be more of a run-offense type team and whoever will be the QB (I would start Clemens since he knows the system pretty well & has the experience), will only be throwing around 15 - 20 passes a game. The year that the Steelers’ won the Super Bowl, with Roethlisberger, he threw about that many passes. I don't know if the Jets will go to the Super Bowl but I really expect them to be a competitive team with a winning record.

It's getting really late - its 1:40 am right now and I have to get up and go to work tomorrow - but before I go to bed I would like to thank Rob for taking the time to answer my questions and to wish him and the South Florida Jets Fan Club a great season.

I've added a link to SFJFCs website to our Jets links list in the left sidebar.

And as always: If you have any questions feel free to use the comments.

Etiketter: , ,

Flere nyheder og artikler

  • At 1. jul. 2009, 15.50.00, Anonymous A Danish Jets fan said…

    Great to see that there are proud Jets fans in Florida... sounds like you guys are having a blast!

     
  • At 5. jul. 2009, 10.00.00, Blogger Rasmus Hansen said…

    Hi Rob,

    great to hear about life as a Jets football fan in the fish pond - keep it up!

    I would love to go have a game day like that - we are usually just one or two friends together on Sundays.

    Do you think Sanchez is going to be a long-term franchise QB?

    J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
    Rasmus

     
  • At 5. jul. 2009, 15.52.00, Anonymous Rob Nacarano said…

    Hi Rasimus-

    It did take a few years to build up the Florida Jets fans here! It's all about advertsing over the Internet and creating flyer's, so you can hand them out to people which will cost practically nothing.

    Yes, I do think that Sanchez will be the long-term solution, especially if Clemens just doesn't cut it, this year. Then, the Jets will probably cut Clemens and make Ainge 2nd! I really wish that they didn't trade Ratliff because I think he could be a nice back-up too.

     
  • At 7. jul. 2009, 16.17.00, Blogger Rasmus Hansen said…

    Hi Rob,

    great idea with the flyers. We should do the same for newyorkjets.dk :)

    Will be really interesting to follow the QB battle over the summer and Sanchezs development over the coming years.

     
  • At 20. mar. 2010, 10.15.00, Anonymous Anonym said…

    Interessant.. det rejser uden tvivl nogle emner.
    Go weekend,
    Nickie, frokostordning

     

Velkommen til NewYorkJets.dk

NewYorkJets.dk er dit danske stoppested for nyheder om - og kommentarer til alt hvad der berører New York Jets. (mere)

Bloggen har eksisteret siden sommeren 2005 og er tænkt som et samlingspunkt for de danske Jetsfans, så giv endelig din mening til kende i kommentarfeltet til de enkelte poster!

Skulle du have mod på selv at poste nyheder og meninger her på bloggen, så er nye bloggere altid velkomne.

Har du kommentarer, spørgsmål eller gode ideer, så send en mail.

Du kan også finde NewYorkJets.dk på Facebook og på Twitter.

Abonner på NewYorkJets.dk

Nuværende skribenter på NewYorkJets.dk:

  • Mark Bundgaard Hansen
  • Rasmus Hansen
  • Mathias Oehlenschlæger
  • Jets-katten

Notice: We are in no way affiliated with New York Jets or the National Football league. This is an unofficial fan page

Nyhedsbrev

Indtast din email nedenfor og modtag et nyhedsbrev når der er nyt på siden. Vi sender max en mail om dagen og du kan altid framelde dig igen.

Tilmeld

Afstemning

Seneste kommentarer

    NewYorkJets.dk chat

    Social Media

    Støt os ved at "synes godt om" os på Facebook og modtag masser af opdatering om Jets.

    Vis din support for Gang Green ved at tilføje et NewYorkJets.dk badge til dit Facebook profil-billede.

    Følg os på Twitter

    NewYorkJets.dk podcasts

    Vi laver med jævne mellemrum Jets-relaterede podcasts omkring holdet, kampene og spillerne. Her er en liste over tidligere podcasts:

      NewYorkJets.dk arkiv

      Her kan du finde alle vores tidligere artikler. Genoplev sejrene og grin af os når vores spådomme blev gjort til skamme.

      J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
      ...now let's go eat a goddamn snack!