Det ser ud som at Curtis Martin ikke er den eneste hårdfør spiller på Jets roster (heldigvis!). Erik Coleman var nemlig en anden fremtrædende Jets-spiller der blev skadet i kampen mod Dolphins. Allerede på Dolphins første drive fik Coleman således revet sin tummelfinger af led da han tacklede TE Randy McMichael og er blevet opereret i starten af denne uge. Coleman forventes, ligesom Martin, at starte mod Jaguars.Her er hvad Coleman har at sige om skaden i sin dagbog på newyorkjets.com:
"I couldn’t pop it back into place right away though and it kept coming out. I was trying to pop it back into the socket while we were in the huddle and my teammates were laughing about it."
"It was a weird feeling but I think it helped me focus more on the game. I feel I was able to focus on their offense more and see what they were doing. I don’t know if it was because of my thumb but I felt like I played a lot better this game then the first."
"They told me I needed surgery so I went to the team meeting and then left for surgery shortly after. After that I don’t remember the rest of the day because of the anesthetic. I had a good sleep though."
"Later in the day I went over to Best Buy and bought one of the movies I used to watch all the time when I was younger called Breakin. It’s a break dancing movie but I didn’t do any dancing myself."
"The thumb is a little annoying. When I shower I have to put a big bag over my arm to make sure it doesn’t get wet and I’m right handed so now I have to eat with my left hand. Actually, I have to do everything with the left. I wish it would just heal so I can get back to playing."
"Right now I’m not sure when I’ll get back to practice. I’m hoping Thursday but for now I’m playing it by ear. I’ll see what the doctors say Thursday morning and I’ll do whatever is best for the team."
God Bedring til Coleman herfra!